Questions on Animal Control? What to do and who to Contact.

We receive questions from time to time on Animal Control services – whether it be about pets and leashes, nuisance wildlife, or deceased wildlife on or near someone’s property.

If you are in an incorporated area, start with your local municipality to see what local laws and services they have.

In unincorporated DuPage, check out the County Animal Services page at or call them at 630-407-2800 to see if they may be able to help.

There are state laws regarding wildlife also, and the Illinois Department of Natural Resources generally administer those regulations. This is summarized here:

Finally, if you encounter a wild animal, don’t take chances. Learn more about safety in encountering wild animals here:

And learn about safe disposal of wild animals – such as raccoons – here: